Software: All the submitted articles initially screened
software at https://www.turnitin.com/login_page.asp?lang=en_us
Institutions that are prepared to
prevent or handle plagiarism benefit from higher levels of academic honesty.
This section contains best practices and advice for building academic integrity
policies to support your education community.
All of the following are considered plagiarism:
- Turning in someone else’s work as your own
- Copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit
- Failing to put a quotation in quotation marks
- Giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation
- Changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source
without giving credit
- Copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the
majority of your work, whether you give credit or not (see our section on
“fair use” rules)
In the case of suspected plagiarism in a published article:
- The corresponding author of the article is
contacted with documentary evidence of the case of plagiarism and asked for a
- The person who is informed about the process
to be followed for accepting the article for publication.
- The articles are compared to check with the
degree of copying and asked for edit and resubmit the article.
- As per turnitin
plagiarism checker if the paper found plagiarism of less than 15% would be
considered for the process of review the article.
- The IJMAES publisher will do official
retraction of the paper and rejected for publication if found guilty of
plagiarism even after resubmission of the paper.
Role of Plagiarism Committee:
Upon completion of the
plagiarism scan with turnitin
software, they analyze the quality of the manuscript and report to the
editor, after which the manuscript gets assigned for the review process. A
plagiarism report is created and emailed to the corresponding author along with
a review report. The author is informed for correction and resubmit the paper,
further if found guilty of plagiarism the IJMAES publisher will do official
retraction of the paper and reject for publication in IJMAES.